Press Officer Job at AJACO in Home Based
Job Title: Press Officer
Job Type: Contract/ Temporary
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £ 173.44 per day
Location: Home Based – London
IR35 Status: In scope
Security Clearance: SC Check will be required before starting
Press Officers work as part of small specialist teams in the press office. They have particular portfolios with subjects they are responsible for offering media handling advice to Ministers, Special Advisers and officials on these areas.
Day to day:
- Providing timely proactive and reactive media handling advice to ministers and senior officials.
- Anticipate and spot news stories to prepare and issue robust responses to potentially negative stories swiftly.
- Organising ministerial interviews, announcements and publicity around speeches and events.
- Skilfully and effectively briefing journalists accurately and with authority.
Working closely with ministers’ private offices, officials and communications colleagues to plan and implement media strategies across a broad range of media outlets, including specialist, lifestyle, online and other new media.
- Negotiating with private offices and Number 10 on timing and handling plans.
- Developing an understanding of issues across the department to play an effective part in the wider communications team.
The candidate would also be required to take part in the press office out-of-hours service, for which overtime is paid.
Professional Qualifications Essential for this role:
- Has public sector communications experience in local or central government or agency-side with public sector clients.
- Strong understanding of political/news landscape – can advise on risks and reputational issues and demonstrate political awareness.
- Ideally educated to degree level or hold a relevant professional communications qualification or equivalent industry experience.
Please ensure your submitted CV has all gaps in employment explained. So, if you were looking for employment during any gaps please state this on your CV.
Ensure your CV fully covers all the criteria stated above to maximise your chances on being successfully placed for this role.
Let us know of your availability and whether there are any specific dates if you are unavailable to attend an interview. Notifying us of any holiday dates is advantages and allows us to notify parties in advance so they can plan accordingly.
All CVs received are acknowledged and held for the job applied for. If you would like us to remove your details at anytime please do let us know in writing so we can remove all your details accordingly.
By applying to this role you are giving us your permission to represent you by submitting your CV (by way of right to represent) unless you inform us otherwise. You will also be required to confirm whether you wish to Opt-in or Opt-out of Conduct Regulations. For your protection, we will assume you are Opting-in unless you inform us otherwise.
We wish you the best in your search for an ideal role and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note, we try to remove roles advertised as they become unavailable in a timely manner. If you have applied for a role and it is no longer available we will inform you as soon as possible.
AJACO is an equal opportunities employer.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £173.44 per day
- Press Officer: 1 year (Required)
- Public Sector: 1 year (Required)
Company Location: Home Based