Principal Engineer Design – Filton – Control Jobs in UK at Advantage Resourcing
Title: Principal Engineer Design – Filton – Control
Company: Advantage Resourcing
Category: Engineering, Electronics
Salary: Salary 46.73 GBP Hourly GBP 46.73 HOUR
Position: Principal Engineer Design Change – Filton – Control
Location: Not Specified
Principal Engineer (Design Change)
£46.73 per Hour LTD
Advantage Resourcing are currently looking for a Design Change Principal Engineer for a global defence organisation based in Frimley. This is a 12 month contract paying £46.73 per hour LTD.
You will be delivering a proactive and agile technical response service to the user and other key stakeholders in order to maintain operational capability in the in-service submarines. You will be able to apply your subject matter expertise and domain experience to good engineering practices, to ensure that any work carried out meets the relevant maritime legislation, industry and defence standards. You will have an understanding of how these will influence and impact design activities, technical and operational performance.
* Qualified to degree level or higher in an engineering or closely related discipline, or an equivalent level of competence.
* Capable of working towards professional registration (CEng) through a recognised engineering institution such as the IET or IMechE.
* Understand the need, and have awareness of Product Safety and SH&E.
* The ability to communicate to all levels within the business and external stakeholders.
* Competent with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
* Knowledge and understanding of Royal Navy Submarine operation (ideally the Astute Class at Whole Boat and Major System level).
* Understanding of Enterprise Change Requests and Design Change Management Processes.
* Knowledge of Computer Aided Design package, for example Solidworks or CADDS
* Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
* Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
* Conversant with the MoD In-Service Submarines Design Change process KP2.31.
If you believe that you have the correct skillset for the role please apply or for a confidential conversation about the role please contact David Catterall on .
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.