Principal Software Engineer Jobs in Seattle, WA at Daimler AG
Title: Principal Software Engineer
Company: Daimler AG
Location: Seattle, WA
Salary: $150K – $200K*
Category: Manufacturing & Automotive
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistance and telematics systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focuses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs team in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
This center is responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on highly available APIs and services leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the product produced will be launched internationally, impacting the lives of millions of people.
Team lead will guide a team in the end-to-end development and operational support of applications used by millions of people and cloud based services that will enhance their experiences. Design and deliver core software features and services, establish development and operational processes, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
– Design, delivery and support of software based products and services
– Maintenance and migration of pre-existing systems
– Management and mentoring of team of software engineers and operations engineers
– Coordination with overall site leader
– Assist with recruiting and hiring
Skills & Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related degree
– 8+ year of relevant experience
– 1+ years of leadership
– Solid experience with cloud based service development
– Extensive experience in building, deploying and managing large distributed applications
– Experience with Agile development methodologies
– Experience with DevOps, CI/CD processes & tools
– Experience in hiring
– Ability to set and manage project milestones
– Ability to lead a team in large cross-functional projects
– Experience with operational support of consumer facing cloud based services
– Strong network in Seattle technology community
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent – you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Valid through: 6/18/2020