Product Developer Job at ANGELO GALASSO – in Chiasso, TI
Details zur Stelle
Vollzeit | Festanstellungvor 4 Stunden
We are looking for a passionate Product Developer to join our dynamic team working on multi-product ranges – Apparel & Accessories – of luxury Menswear in our Head Office located in Chiasso, Canton Ticino.
Reporting directly to the Product Manager he/she will guarantee the achievement of business performance.
Responsible for the product development from sketch (created by Design) until final product delivery. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design & Merchandise team.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Liaise with Design for initial sourcing & research initiatives, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points
- Identify new fabric and trim trends and ensure mills & vendors are briefed on new development requests
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advising on possible improvements of product and margins, and signing off pre-production samples
- Collaborate with merchandising to set target FOB prices with the objective to achieve margins
- Negotiate FOB prices with vendors throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Review and monitor bulk orders to ensure timeliness of style bookings for bulk delivery and advise on pre-booking of raw materials
- Send vendor requests for protos and SMS to vendors, elaborate on requests during handover (on-site) using technical packs, sketches, and measurement charts, assist / monitor vendors during production and manage escalation of issues during (bulk) production
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in ERP system (e.g. BOM, prices), by continuously updating the system
- Provide analyses and reporting on KPIs related to product development (e.g. margins, vendor performance, season evaluation)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Luxury development/sourcing/production
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Used to working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Good computer skills (MS-Office, Product management systems)
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications: fabrics and sourcing, fitting and patterns.
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
- Willingness to travel (fairs, factory visits) when required
Willing to work within a fast paced and creative environment, Luxury experience is necessary in order to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From CHF35,000.00 per year
Company: ANGELO GALASSO –
Company Location: Chiasso, TI