Product Engineer Job at Intel – 4.1 in Santa Clara, CA
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Product Engineer! Barefoot Networks (BXD) is part of the Connectivity Group (CG) in Intel’s DPG, and we’re looking for motivated, passionate and talented engineers to join our Product and Test Operations team. BXD is a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel’s Ethernet technology and products to position Intel x86 as the server platform of choice and Intel Ethernet products as Ethernet of choice for the Cloud, Communications and Data Center deployments.
In this role as an Product Engineer, you have a track record in delivering products in the semiconductor model with knowledge covering the full manufacturing flow including fab, test, DFT, package assembly and qualification. You will be responsible for yield improvement at wafer probe, package and system test of high performance networking and machine learning ICs. You’ll utilize data analytic tools and capabilities to optimize the yield and test time without compromising the quality of outgoing products. You will also be responsible for developing and working with external suppliers/vendors on execution of test and characterization plans and supporting the full life cycle of the product from design to volume manufacturing.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- New product introduction and support Mass production needs
- Perform data analysis, characterization and fault isolation to determine the root cause of the issues
- Work with Design, Test and Quality Engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies
- Define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based on design intent and characterization results
- Perform yield analysis and correlation analysis for all levels of test, pareto building, statistics etc
- Define characterization plan and generate characterization report
- Establish manufacturing requirements and specification for delivery of the product and drive to close potential test gaps and correlations issues across the product supply chain.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated expertise to technically influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Knowledge of Python and data analysis tools
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platform Group (DPG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience in IC product development and yield improvement
- 2+ years experience in test concepts, DFT, transistor fundamentals
- 2+ years of Python programming, data analysis and statistics
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- Experience leading 1 or more IC projects from NPI to Mass production, including characterization, qualification, bring-up, yield improvement and debug
- Experience in working closely with vendor/partners
- Working knowledge of Mandarin language
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Company: Intel – 4.1
Company Location: Santa Clara, CA