Production Planning Specialist Jobs in Charleston, SC at Daimler AG
Title: Production Planning Specialist
Company: Daimler AG
Location: Charleston, SC
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Manufacturing & Automotive
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
Planning of the program or programs of annual, monthly and daily production according to the needs of sales, availability of productive facilities, availability of materials, calendar and work organization models, disaggregating the production program for years and months in regions and countries at different levels of product documentation, design, motorizations, commercial codes and parts.
– Responsible for the planning and preparation of the Production Program in the medium-term (12 months) based on market needs with the aim of preparing the factory to achieve the production schedule without setbacks
– Ensure the availability of materials, availability of facilities, production schedules and availability of direct labor
– Run discussions with central program planning, piloting of LPP production, logistics of LM materials, production engineering, production and HR over adaptations of the sales program, and/or necessary measures in the factory either from the point of view of availability of materials and facilities or work schedules for the development of optimal alternatives of production programs
– Responsible for the VLPP (Sales and Logistics Program Planning) system and introducing the sales program into the system
– Develop order forecasts at the level of commercial codes for future months, based on actual orders and statistics In order to establish forecasts of needs for materials, containers, and workloads (percentages of commercial codes) for the calculation of direct labor
– Manage and maintain production restrictions, suppliers and countries at monthly levels in addition to aligning with engineering, production, logistics and sales such restrictions
– Make decisions on changes in orders received based on whether or not they are realizable in production, and relay those decisions to the appropriate parties
– Coordinate the planning of new products, models or commercial codes based on the premises marked by the projects and statistics of previous models and codes
Prepare reports and statistics relating to the entry of orders, completion of the planned production program, follow-up of special codes, etc. in order to inform, facilitate and motivate decision-making
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Logistics or in a related Engineering field required, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in a Logistics oriented environment within a manufacturing setting, wit…