Production Technician Job at Vaisala – in Paris (75)
Building on over 80 years of experience, we employ approximately 1,900 professionals worldwide today. We are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange and our headquarters is located in Finland.
Vaisala’s industry-leading weather observation technologies, instruments, and solutions lay the foundation for the Weather and Environment business area’s strategy, enabling our customers to improve their ability to measure and forecast weather and weather phenomena. The business area serves selected weather-dependent customers to whom accurate, real-time, uninterrupted, and reliable weather data is essential to run efficient operations.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to strengthen our manufacturing division. A period of technical training on our full range of products will allow you to perform your function.
Your main missions will be as follows:
- Carry out assembly operations, assembly of elements and components of optical, mechanical, electronic, optronic, electromechanical, and optomechanical assemblies, using manual tools and according to the safety rules in force.
- Check the conformity of the assembly / assembly (appearance, parallelism, play, maintenance, operation, …), identify malfunctions and carry out adjustments, retouching, corrective measures.
- Qualify systems for validation.
- Provide information on quality support and production / implementation monitoring (incidents, interventions, …)
- Check the condition and conformity of the means of production (tools, measuring instruments) in terms of volume and quality, etc.
- Lead the continuous improvement of its scope of activity (PDCA, 5S …) – Transport the products or waste to storage areas
- Clean and tidy the work area (equipment, accessories, …)
- Record activity data (dashboard)
- Maintain and update work standards
- Training according to the versatility matrix
Your other missions :
- Proceed to the systems preparation to send to the customer
- Prepare the system (Spray test, level check, system cleaning)
- Configure the PC (System parameters, “CUSTOMER” connection & PC cleaning, check cable fixing, check plugs)
- Install the protective film
- Proceed with the labeling (guarantee seal labels, ID labels, Stickers, etc.)
- Prepare the box for shipping
Profile With a two-year technical degree in Physical Measurements, you have 2-3 years of experience as a technician, preferably in similar functions or young graduate profile accepted
Technical knowledge and skills
- Strong scientific and technical skills (physical and / or optoelectronic and / or electronic measurements and / or communication and networks)
- Knowledge of optics and lasers
- Reading of technical documents
- Use: tools, metrology devices (oscilloscope, power meter, etc.)
- Interest in the management of various problems and quality monitoring.
- Rigorous and precise
- Good analytical skills
- Teamwork, link with management Practical aspects
This position is to be filled immediately on a fixed-term contract for 6 months (extendable) and will be based in Saclay (91)- France.
What we offer
Our innovative high-tech business provides opportunities for curious challenge-seekers to make a real difference.
As a part of our global team you can contribute with science and technology to solve the big environmental and societal challenges of our time.
Company: Vaisala –
Company Location: Paris (75)