Production Worker Job at Sobeys – in Stellarton, NS
Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Big 8
Part Time or Full Time: Part Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Big 8
Postal Code: B0K 0A2
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Production Clerk Level 2 is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Production Clerk Level 2 handles, prepares, boxes, and labels product ensuring safety, quality, and cost effectiveness. The Production Clerk Level 2 demonstrates the highest level of adherence to all Food Safety Protocols, Thrifty Kitchens HACCP program, corporate polices and all other relevant programs and initiatives. Actively contributes to a positive and productive working environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of Thrifty Foods and Thrifty Kitchens policies & procedures
- Keep work area clean, safe, and presentable at all times
- Operate equipment correctly and performs duties in compliance with all health and safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate product knowledge; remains aware of product changes and seasonal requirements
- Record information in all appropriate logs
- Follow EATEC recipes to ensure quality products
- Manufacture all items listed on production sheets
- Provide guidance, support, training and knowledge to junior staff
- Act as module supervisor, when required
- Familiar with all production systems in associated modules
- Ensure required materials are assembled and organized before the shift begins
- Ensure “end of day” procedures are followed and recorded
- Dependable, conscientious and punctual
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Ability to adapts to changes in manufacturing procedures
- Initiative and, problem solving skills
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Company: Sobeys –
Company Location: Stellarton, NS