Program Assistant B Job at Vancouver Community College in Vancouver, BC
This position is responsible for providing clerical program/course support; answering the phone; providing information and assistance; registering students; processing payments; word processing a variety of documents, forms and correspondence and maintaining department databases and files.
1. Receives and responds to a high volume of enquiries over the telephone, in writing and in-person from key stakeholder groups. Screens calls, relays messages and provides information and assistance referring more complex or specialized queries to the appropriate personnel. Follows up with students, as appropriate.
2. Registers students into programs, processes payments, records transactions and ensures accounts are maintained and balanced daily. Transfers students and fees between courses as needed and processes student requests for insertion or discontinuation from the program.
3. Word processes correspondence, tests, class lists, minutes of meetings and instructional materials, etc. Prepares, compiles and distributes information packages.
4. Schedules appointments, meetings, events and functions.
5. Creates and/or distributes posters, promotional materials and brochures; posts information sessions on the website and posts/responds on social media as directed.
6. Maintains data systems, records, logs, etc., ensuring information is complete and up-to-date. Files hardcopy records ensuring all information is stored accurately.
7. Completes absence reports for faculty and support staff.
8. Orders, maintains and distributes, as necessary, course and department supplies including paper, forms, media and other materials. Ensures any learning/student equipment is in proper working order.
9. Assists department with instructors, booking rooms, videos, AV equipment, learning equipment, catering, and copyright permission. Monitors due dates and ensures materials, AV equipment, videos, etc. are returned on time.
10. Receives, sorts, and records incoming correspondence and student assignments, ensuring that appropriate instructors receive assignments for marking, records grades and returns assignments.
11. Organizes, sorts, and processes incoming and outgoing photocopying, faxes, and mail. Prepares direct mailing of advertising to colleges, businesses and industry.
12. Reviews and recommends office methods and procedures to streamline for efficiency; identifies operational problems and reports issues to appropriate personnel.
13. Assists with coordinating special projects as required.
14. Relieves and assists other Program Assistants as required
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 plus additional specialized training of up to and including 1 year, including office and computer skills courses plus over 1 year related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty and the general public.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several time-sensitive tasks at any given time. Ability to respond to changing priorities and work effectively and calmly under a heavy workload.
- Strong customer service skills with a proactive, problem-solving approach. Ability to respond with tact and diplomacy.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices, business English and Mathematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to compose routine correspondence and format reports.
- Sound experience using MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access), Publisher and internet applications (including web browser and email).
- Keyboarding skills of 50 nwpm. Attention to detail.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of social media.
Salary Range – Prorated based on FTE
PAYGRADE 18 – $1,593.66 to $1,848.60 bi-weekly.
Employment Group Support Staff (CUPE)
Type of Position Temporary
Employment Type Full Time
Department HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Primary Location – This position may require you to work at all VCC locations. Downtown
Is this posting only for internal applicants? No
Desired Start Date – May be subject to change 12/14/2020
Position End Date – For Temporary Positions 02/26/2021
Vacation Blackout Dates
January 4, 2021, to January 15, 2021.
Number of Hours per Week 35
Work Schedule – Hours may vary according to the needs of the Department
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:15 pm, however hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Eligible for Fortnight Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Vancouver Community College is committed to maintaining a work force that represents the diverse community we serve and we encourage all qualified applicants.
Posting Open Date 11/20/2020
Posting Close Date 12/04/2020
Is this a pooled posting? No
Company: Vancouver Community College
Company Location: Vancouver, BC