Project Engineer Job at Bombardier in Valenciennes (59)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as an Project Engineer based in Crespin, France.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Engineer leads a group of employees in the engineering domain to the successful completion of product design and integration tasks to meet the objectives of quality,time and cost.
Main responsabilities include:
- Manage the project’s scope by setting, maintaining and reporting project budgets and schedules. Monitoring metrics on the status of critical tasks and objectives as well as expediting project related issues and topics;
- The agile product owner (“product owner” within the Scrum framework, or “backlog manager” in other agile documents) is the role assumed by the person who is “responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the development team”;
- Examine and judge whether the output of a specific development phase fulfils respective requirements, mostly document reviews. The verifier ensures proper documentation during all project phases;
- To establish and maintain the integrity of work products using configuration identification, control, and status accounting. Responsible for planning and controlling changes by identifying the work products that are likely to change, establishing relationships among them, defining mechanisms for managing different versions of work products, controlling the changes imposed and auditing and reporting on the changes made;
- To carry out requirements engineering and controlling change and communicating to relevant stakeholders. The requirements manager specifies and maintains the requirements in a structured and timely manner to ensure the delivery of time;
- The Engineering Planner ensures that the specific governance processes, tools and metrics for Engineering to drive performance improvement within the project are used to provide an accurate and representative picture of the project’s status;
- This role is responsible for giving support on processes, tools & methods towards local and global Train Control Management Systems process users and other stakeholders.
- Engineering degree is mandatory;
- Typically minimum 8 years of relevant work experience with BSc degree or 5 to 8 years of relevant work experience or PhD degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
- Significant and demonstrable track record of successfully operating in a Global organisation delivering complex engineering ;
- Has worked as part of a multifunctional team, recognising that success stems from collaboration, whilst at the same time, understanding that each function will have its own set of objectives which may not always be aligned;
- Experience on major rail projects is a plus;
- Expert problem solving skills;
- Fluency in French and English is mandatory.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: FR-NPC-Crespin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 21.11.2020, 7:12:38 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Company Location: Valenciennes (59)