Project Manager Job at City of Port Phillip – in Carlisle WA
Project Manager – Building Construction
- Permanent full time Role
- Salary Range Band 7: $98,730 to $110,484 plus 10% Super
- Based at St Kilda Town hall with possible flexible working agreement
About the Organisation
The City of Port Phillip is an inner-city council with around 1000 employees who deliver more than 100 programs and services to our residents, businesses and visitors. These range from childcare and immunisations, to libraries, management of parks and open space, rubbish collection, road maintenance and more. City of Port Phillip has zero tolerance for child abuse and is a committed Child Safe organisation
About the Role
The City of Port Phillip is seeking three suitably qualified and experienced Project Managers to join the Building Construction team within the Project Services department.
Work as part of a dynamic and passionate team of project managers, to deliver exciting building construction and refurbishment projects that will shape the future for visitors and residents of the City of Port Phillip.
Our team prides ourselves on being innovative and cutting edge. We are embracing technologies such as Building Information Modelling (BIM), creating digital twins of our assets and applying earned value management of our project portfolio.
If this sounds interesting to you, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join us and help us use these and other technologies to deliver for our community.
Skills and Experience
- Appropriately qualified in engineering, construction management, project management, architecture or similar, and have a demonstrated history of directly delivering building construction projects including whole of life project management and construction supervision.
- Experience in facilitates such as childcare centres, kindergartens, sporting pavilions and community centre
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and manage your time and work priorities effectively
People enjoy working at the City of Port Phillip because we are a welcoming, healthy and inclusive workplace. We offer a vibrant and diverse work environment where our employees can develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important services and programs to the community.*
- We offer a workplace which accommodates your working style and needs.
- Be supported and empowered by a leadership team that is community focused, with a strong desire for change and a culture that encourages teamwork and innovation.
- Training and development opportunities, study assistance, flexible working conditions, paid parental leave, an active social club, a health and wellbeing program, and a well- regarded Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Security Requirements and Professional Obligations
Pre-employment screening will apply to all appointments.
Prior to a formal letter of offer, preferred applicants will be asked to provide:
- Evidence of mandatory qualifications/registrations/licences
- Sufficient proof of their right to work in Australia
- Sufficient proof of their identity
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination in line with VIC Government Directions
- Complete a National Police Check completed via City of Port Phillip’s Provider.
- Employee type Working with Children Check
How to Apply
All applicants must provide a Cover Letter in response to the key selection criteria which is located on the last page of the position description. The Cover Letter should be no longer than 2 pages and include each heading in the Key Selection Criteria.
Please note: Only applications submitted via the online Recruitment Portal will be considered.Previous unsuccessful candidates will not be considered.
A successful application is subject to a satisfactory police record check.
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday 24th April 2022.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Coordinator Project Services – Chris Parperis on via mobile on 0466752954.
The City of Port Phillip is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and accessible environment where diversity is valued.
If you have accessibility requirements or require an adjustment to participate in our recruitment and selection process, please contact David Crichton (HR Business Partner) on email: [email protected] or mobile on 0466 859 533
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $98,730.00 – $110,484.00 per year
Company: City of Port Phillip –
Company Location: Carlisle WA