Project Manager Jobs in Cardiff – Wales – UK at Pertemps Reading Commercial DDT
Title: Project Manager
Company: Pertemps Reading Commercial DDT
Location: Cardiff – Wales – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Management, Engineering
Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a government agency based in Cardiff who are looking to recruit a Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, the overriding mission is to ensure that the environment is sustainably maintained, enhanced, and used by the people, communities and economy of Wales in the present and for the future.
The project is to replace a legacy system that manages the forestry estate with a significant focus on the Geographic Information System (GIS).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Take full ownership of the delivery of assigned projects within the ICT Development Programme. Delivering the projects to time, budget and, quality whilst controlling the agreed scope.
• Assist colleagues across the ICT Development Programme to meet the delivery priorities relating to projects.
• Ensure appropriate governance is applied throughout the project.
• Work with other Directorates to embed the capabilities delivered by projects to ensure that benefits are realised in line with the Business and ICT Strategies.
• Assist the Programme Manager to plan, design and specify requirements for the activities within the programme to ensure links are made with other programmes to avoid/anticipate potential risks.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Previous Project Management experience.
• Previous IT Project Management experience.
• Previous IT Management experience (desirable).
This is a great opportunity to work for a company that has a community of passionate and committed contractors that are working together to deliver the organisations programme.