PT/OT Aide- Beyond Therapy- Full Time Job at Shepherd Center – 4.4 in Atlanta, GA
Full-timeEstimated: $55,000 – $76,000 a year5 hours ago
Full Job Description
We have a compassionate and fun culture and seek employees who want the same for patients and their families, caregivers, and co-workers.
Shepherd teams are self-motivated and directed, learn and apply knowledge quickly; are proficient and timely; have effective and appropriate communication skills in all interactions; and consistently demonstrate proficiency in their area(s) of expertise.
Please tell us about yourself by completing an application to join us at this great place to work!
Here’s how this role performs at Shepherd:
The PT and OT Aide assists the Physical and Occupational Therapists to prepare the environment and the patient for routine care and assists the patient with routine activities of daily living as determined in treatment plan. All activities are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed OTR, PT, COTA, or PTA. This hands-on role contributes to the improvement of patient experience through rehabilitation services. This collaborative role addresses and resolves issues in order to facilitate patient recovery.
The PT and OT Aide assists in creating a welcoming environment for patient care.
- Transport patients throughout the center.
- Assemble equipment and adjusting it to patient needs.
- Assist patients with transfers on the nursing units, in preparation for a PT session, or as directed by OT.
- Assist patient with weight shifts and other daily activities (grooming, feeding, dressing, toileting, bathing etc) or asssigned OT therapy activites.
- Conduct assigned OT groups or assisting PTs or PTAs in a group setting.
- Maintain the therapy and nursing equipment and environment.
- Clean and return wheelchairs, bathroom equipment, and other equipment as assigned.
- Complete assigned clerical duties.
- Instruct new employees and volunteers in departmental maintenance tasks.
- Attend and actively contribute to department meetings.
Company: Shepherd Center – 4.4
Company Location: Atlanta, GA