RAPID RESPONDER – RESILIENCE SERVICE Job at South Gloucestershire Council in Yate
RAPID RESPONDER – RESILIENCE SERVICE
Salary: £18,795 – £19,171
Location: Badminton Road, Yate
Full Time: 37 hours per wk.
CHALLENGING TIMES NEED CARING PEOPLE!
We are looking for Caring and experienced people to support our residents who may be in crisis within South Gloucestershire
In these extraordinary times you really can make a difference… by undertaking emergency care and rapid response assisting South Gloucestershire resident in crisis, responding to Telecare equipment and lifeline alarms and providing emergency personal care.
What does an average day look like?
If you like variety and a fast paced role, this could be the job for you. You will be able to show your passion and use your previous care experience to support our residents in a time of crisis to be safe and to live as independently as possible, by assisting them with their care needs.
Knowledge and experience is needed to ensure that work practices meet the required standards and that customers are provided with the help, information and support they need. You will record progress in care plans, log reviews and incident forms, making sure that they meet Council guidelines, referring issues or concerns as necessary in accordance with Safeguarding Procedures in order to protect vulnerable people.
What we need from you:
· Training and experience of working in similar service areas.
· Hold a CQC Care Certificate or be prepared to complete the relevant training to obtain the qualification within 12 weeks.
· Have a vocational qualification e.g. QCF or NVQ 2
· Show sensitivity and empathy in your work.
· Demonstrate knowledge of professional care groups and external contacts e.g. GPs, nursing services and emergency services
· Able to manage challenging behaviour e.g. behavioural difficulties in homes and/or the community
· Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
· You will hold an up to date driving licence, the service is currently looking at using several small vehicles in order to carry lifting equipment. You may be asked to drive a Rapid Response vehicle during your shift.
How a career at South Gloucestershire Council is different
· We know our team work best when they have balance in their lives and we offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance – whatever that means for them.
· We value our staff as individuals, investing in their careers and we are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of our training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
DBS: Please note that it is a requirement of employment that an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is obtained for this post. This means that you must declare any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings unless these are ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) has a confidential checking process for transgender applications who do not wish to reveal details of their previous identity to the person who has asked them to complete an application form for a DBS check.
We’re making a difference: be part of it!
Closing Date: 30/04/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company: South Gloucestershire Council
Company Location: Yate