R&D Food Physics Scientist Job at Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA in Orbe, VD
Location: Orbe, Switzerland Company: Nestlé Product Technology Centre Beverage
Act. Rate: Full time
Type of contract: Undefined period of time contract Position Summary
The Nestlé Product Technology Centre in Orbe is the leading Nestlé Coffee, Beverages and Cereals Competence Centre that develops products, production processes and delivery systems for in-home and out-of-home consumption. The coffee department is the center of competence for coffee technology and provides major activities on process and product development, renovation and innovation in all major areas of Nestlé’s coffee.Our mission – to delight the consumer wherever, whenever, however by delivering moments of genuine pleasure and indulgence – drives the need for us to attract, select and develop the right people for the right jobs throughout the value chain of our business.
To complete our Science Beverage department based in Orbe, we are currently looking for a Food physics scientist. A day in the life of a R&D Food Physics Scientist
- Build scientific competence and develop innovative methods/tools related to Pure Soluble Coffee powder & crema characterization and performances.
- Provide an efficient scientific guidance to coffee-based beverage projects by providing technical expertise on powder science
- Ensure accurate and on-time scientific support to operations by providing effective and sustainable technical solutions.
- Manage external and internal collaborations in the field of Powder Science and leverage knowledge from internal Nestlé networks into Beverage projects.
- Efficiently communicate on scientific results (written/oral form) to key internal/external stakeholders What will make you successful
- PhD in Material Science or Food Science (or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge in imaging (acquisition / data processing) and moisture in food
- Master digital tools and visualization of data (PowerBi and/or R programming are a plus)
- Passion for coffee products and coffee making processes
- Experienced in industrial, R&D and/or project management
- Acute mindset in translating science and technology into consumer benefits and business winning concepts
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.
- Excellent team player, fast adapter and entrepreneurial spirit
Company: Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA
Company Location: Orbe, VD