Receptionist- The Residence at Shelburne Bay Job at Shelburne, VT in Shelburne, VT
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
1. Promote the mission and core values of the Residence and LCB Senior Living to residents,
visitors, co-workers and the surrounding community.
2. As an associate you are expected to have an active role in growing community occupancy by
representing and interacting positively with potential residents, family members and professionals.
3. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
4. Handle incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner and directs them accordingly.
5. Greet guests and visitors in a professional and courteous manner and directs them accordingly.
6. File correspondence.
7. Sort mail.
8. Record and type guest meal charges.
9. Maintain and file resident safety sheets.
10. Type correspondence as needed.
11. Coordinate front desk activities.
12. Maintain the front desk in a neat and orderly manner.
13. Respond to emergency situations by contacting appropriate party; 911, fire department, police etc.
14. Attend required in-service training sessions and orientations.
15. Respond to resident’s needs in a courteous manner.
16. Update the communication log book on a regular basis.
17. Maintain community brochures and stock.
18. Other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory acuity. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifteen (15) lbs., and be able to carry objects. Must be able to push and pull carts, and continuously walk, sit and stand. Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate. Must use good body mechanics. Should be neat and well groomed. Must be able to type and use a computer. Must project a positive attitude towards the service provided.
a. The job description qualifications (certifications, experience, training), job functions, including limitations may vary with individual states. For more details see the LCB Senior Living policy guide for your state.
b. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must have knowledge of basic telephone reception systems and techniques. The ability to handle all incoming telephone calls and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, provide clerical support and represent the residence in a professional manner. The ability to respond calmly to emergency situations is essential. The ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing is essential.
c. Education: A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
d. Experience: Requires six months to one-year prior reception experience in an office environment. Typing or word processing experience is preferred.
e. Certificates/Licenses: None required.
Company: Shelburne, VT
Company Location: Shelburne, VT