REGIONAL OPERATIONS OFFICER Job at Ministry of Transportation in London, ON
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Regional Operations Officer, you will:
- provide technical and administrative guidance in the coordination and delivery of the Regional Minor Capital Roads Programs including recommendations for budget allocations, tendering and reporting.
- assist in minor capital construction programming
- preparation of emergency management plans, reports and responses
- assist in administration of municipal programs
How do I qualify?
- The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid class G license or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
Analytical and Decision-Making Skills
- You have demonstrated analytical and decision-making skills to assess problems, research relevant materials and recommend solutions
Program Specific Experience
- You have experience and knowledge in road construction and maintenance practices and facility programming and rehabilitation.
- You have demonstrated experience to interpret and apply related legislation (i.e. Municipal Act, Public Transportation and Highway Improvement Act, Highway Traffic Act, local Roads Board Act and Statute Labour Act)
- You have the proven ability to read, interpret and apply policy, guidelines, standards and specifications
Communication and Organizational Skills
- You can communicate in a clear and concise manner
- You have presentation and report-writing skills to communicate effectively with senior ministry officials, elected officials, stakeholders and staff for routine matters as well as during emergencies
1 Permanent – Full Time, 659 Exeter Rd, London, West Region
Compensation Group: Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Category: Science and Engineering
Posted on: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Company: Ministry of Transportation
Company Location: London, ON