Remote Sales Advisor Job in Peterborough at IKEA –
In the IKEA world, we call this position a Remote Working Sales Generalist.
Expected Starting Date 09/01/2022
WHAT WE OFFER
- £10.90 hourly rate (£22,105.20 per anum)
- Living Wage Foundation Employer
- 39 hours per week with a mix of home & in-office working, with 1 day a month working from your local IKEA base unit. Various shifts scheduled between 07:00 – 20:15 hours.
Successful candidates will receive a conditional offer which will be subject to passing a Home Working Assessment in order for IKEA to agree and approve a safe and healthy working environment.
- Flexibility on availability to be discussed during interviews
- We offer permanent contracts, advanced scheduling & regular weekend off
2 weeks remote induction and training Monday – Friday 9:00-17:45
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our co-workers bring unique ideas and talent to work every day and we offer a variety of benefits that suit their and their family’s everyday needs.
- 15% co-worker discount & I-Benefits discount portal helping you save £100’s on Highstreet retailers
- Free & Confidential Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing Portal
- X3 Life Assurance, enhanced statutory pension contributions & interest free loans
- Flexi Holiday Plan
- Family Friendly childcare & wellbeing support
- Commitment to your development throughout your IKEA career, starting on your first day
- Equipment provided by IKEA (laptop, monitors, keyboard, DSE approved working equipment)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
We are the ones meeting our customers online, over the phone and beyond. Where others see problems, we see endless opportunities to fulfil our customers’ needs in this new era of remote meeting, allowing a seamless conversation whenever and wherever our customers want.
We are looking for self-thriving, problem solvers who aren’t shy to learn and work with multiple IT systems and tools. The ideal candidate should be confident in communicating across various channels (phone, video, chat, mail, and social media) while engaging and selling with our customers remotely. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where each day is different while helping customers make informed shopping decisions.
Prior experience working within sales or customer support is desired. Weekend, early and evening working will be mandatory. Working 1 day per month in your local IKEA unit is compulsory so you’ll need to be able to travel to your local IKEA unit easily, living within an hour of the unit.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Provide quality customer support in a remote environment to secure a great customer experience via phone, webchat or video depending on the nature of the query.
- Maximise sales by demonstrating a commercial mindset and true salesmanship with every customer contact to offer complete home furnishing solutions.
- Be competent with IT to use planning tools, Microsoft office, using the internet and relevant programmes to support selling to the customer.
- Use remote active selling techniques during customer contact.
- Stay updated on IKEA products, services, commercial priorities and activities to steer sales.
- Be committed to IKEA social and environmental commitments to sustainability.
- Capture relevant customer insights to improve the IKEA customer experience.
WE CARE FOR THE PEOPLE
It takes the diversity of thought, background, and culture to make great ideas a reality. We welcome candidates from all walks of life to join us, where we feel valued for our uniqueness and recognised for our diverse talents.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS INFORMATION
If you have any special requirements during the interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
First step, please attach an updated CV and cover letter to your application so we can get to know you better.
Second step, successful candidates will receive information about the next steps via email. You might be invited to complete a short video interview with pre-recorded questions, it only takes 2 minutes & can be done anytime & anywhere on a phone, laptop, or tablet. So just find a quiet spot and tell us why you would love to work for IKEA!
Third step, if successful, you will be invited to an interview with one of our hiring managers. If deemed successful, the offer will be subject to passing a Home Working Assessment so IKEA can agree and approve a safe and healthy working environment.
Come see things a little differently with us and be part of creating a better everyday life for the many.
IKEA reserves the right to close a job vacancy earlier than originally advertised.
For any advice or support, Lisa – [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
About the Company
Company: IKEA –
Company Location: Peterborough