Research Officer Job at Edith Cowan University in Mount Lawley WA
The HealthInfoNet is seeking a Research Officer to join the research team.
- Proactively searching for information on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, assessing the relevance of search results and entering relevant information into the HealthInfoNet’s database;
- Writing and editing abstracts for website content;
- Maintaining up-to-date website content through regular audits and updates of topic-specific content;
- Compiling newsletter content and regularly sending curated content to subscribers;
- Sourcing content for the HealthInfoNet’s social media activities; and
- Providing good customer service to stakeholders.
Applicants must possess the following experience/skills:
1 . Diploma level qualifications in a health-related discipline, communications or similar, or an equivalent level of experience
2 . Excellent communication, teamwork and organisational skills
3 . Well-developed computer literacy and online search skills, including use of Microsoft Office and search engines
4 . Experience in writing, editing and proofreading to a high standard.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are particularly encouraged to apply.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits and Remuneration
These full-time, fixed term positions attract a remuneration of $66,813 to $71,161 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment
Interested applicants are welcome to call Pauline Shanley (Business Manager) on 08 9370 6931 for more information.
How to apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement (no more than 2 pages) addressing the four key criteria listed above.
Applications close SUNDAY 31 JANUARY at 11:30 pm AWST.
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
Company: Edith Cowan University
Company Location: Mount Lawley WA