Research Scientist in Protein Production and Function Job at Novartis in Basel, BS
The Biologics Center (NBC) at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is looking for a highly motivated Research Scientist to join our Production Platform group in Basel, Switzerland.
The role is lab based research scientist with technical expertise in Downstream Processes and Characterization of proteins and more accurately antibody like molecules, therapeutic and tool proteins.
Your responsibilities:Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle various purification system from HTP scale / automated to large-scale system, and use various analytical tools to insure high quality material deliverable
- Work on method development and set up of new technology to enhance efficiency and quality of the results
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Completed education as laboratory technician or BS/MS in biology, biochemistry or related discipline or comparable professional work experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong experience in purification techniques (AC, SEC, IEX, HIC, RP)
- Experience in protein refolding is of advantage
- Good experience in analytical method such as HPLC/UPLC (SEC, RP), LS, MS
- Proficient in English
- Accurate and independent working style
- Well-developed interpersonal / communication / team skills in an international cross-cultural environment with an enthusiastic pro-active attitude
Start date: as soon as possible, beginning 2021
Duration: 8 months
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
BIOTHERAPEUTIC AND ANALYTICAL TECHNOLOGIES – NIBR
Novartis Pharma AG
Research & Development
Company Location: Basel, BS