Researcher (Inside IR35) Job at Alexander Mann Solutions for Public Sector Resourcing in Home Based
Contract Term: 3 Months
Contracting Authority: Ministry of Defence
Location: Shrivenham – Full Remote Working
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you have never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we are here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
The purpose of this role is to provide Research into International Military education to inform future Defence modernisation activities.
As a Researcher, you will:
· Provide leadership to ensure the meeting of the departments strategic information, analytical, and research needs, to facilitate the development of policies, programs, and business processes.
· Provide research and evidence to support identified policy issues and key priorities, and additionally, to provide input to shape the policy agenda of the department.
· Provide critical intelligence across the department in support of strategic planning processes amongst other functions.
· Contribute to and share accountability for the success of key departmental outcomes, including legislative and policy reviews, strategic planning processes, human resources strategy, issues management and risk mitigation.
· With knowledge of relevant policy issues, provide strategic expertise on information and data sources and statistical methodology to ensure timely and quality evidence is available to inform policy and program decisions.
· Identify strategic information needs and develops strategies to access and analyse required information from multiple sources.
· Actively develops a collaborative and best practices culture, focusing on strategic level research and analysis.
· Be accountable for the oversight and implementation of all research and analysis activities for the department, in support of policy and program design and evaluation.
· Work with senior decision makers in the department to ensure that new data sources are made available and that existing data sources are accessed in innovative ways.
· Lead committees, working groups, and task forces comprised of stakeholders and partners, and to facilitate the gathering and analysis of information to meet strategic needs in the department.
· Be accountable for ensuring all processes and phases of initiatives are consistent with ministry objectives and influences outcomes that meet the requirements.
You will have:
· Experience of conducting research and analysis
· Experience of commissioning
· Related masters’ qualification or extensive experience within similar field
· Understanding of International Relations
If this sounds like you, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Reference ID: PSR1JP00032669
Contract length: 3 months
Part-time hours: 20 – 37 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: £200.00-£300.00 per day
Part-time & fulltime candidates will be considered
Company: Alexander Mann Solutions for Public Sector Resourcing
Company Location: Home Based