Restaurant Host/Concierge Job at Mitie in London
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Knowledge of relevant procedures
- Level of customer Service
- Team Player
- Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Mitie has a great opportunity in The Shard, London. We are looking for an experienced restaurant to join the team on site, you will take a lead role on site on a daily basis. Your Shifts may vary but the current shift: 12:00 – 22:30 with a shift pattern of 4 on 4,36 hours per week with a pay rate of £11.76.
To greet all visitors promptly, completing all related security procedures and offering all appropriate services to ensure guests experience a 5* visit
Delivery of consistent seamless end to end service to guests from arrival to departure
Effective communication with guests in a professional, courteous & friendly manner
Receiving guests, and directing them to the designated restaurant lifts
Facilitate smooth and effective communication with all internal departments, ensuring a seamless, unparalleled and incomparable service
To attend both on site and external training courses and meetings as and when requested
Escalate any concerns regard the service or area to your line Manager
Maintain and practise a high degree of confidentiality and integrity
To undertake any reasonable request from the HTL, FOM or Client
To be flexible in approach to work patterns and systems to maintain the standards required
To read all correspondence sent via daily handover in order to maintain good communication within the team
To be aware of evacuation and emergency procedures
Ensure welcome area is well kept and maintained to a high standard this will include light housekeeping duties
Maintain a flexible and professional approach in dealing with all queries
Act as a brand ambassador of Shard Quarter at all times
Observe the dress code at all times
Have knowledge of the departments and companies operating within the building including their structure and function in order to gain an understanding of the business as a whole
Previous experience of working in a 5* customer service environment
Computer Literate with knowledge of tablet software
Clear, confident communication skills
Attention to detail
Customer service experience with the ability to provide a distinct visitor experience
Enthusiastic, personable and bubbly personality is KEY
Excellent personal grooming and presentation
Ability to work shifts of 9 – 12 hours per day standing up to 5 hrs at any one time including outside
All applicants must be able to work varying shifts including weekends and bank holidays·
Must be able to provide 5 years working history and references
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable
Company Location: London