Rheumatology Medical Science Liaison – No Cal/NV Job at UCB in San Francisco, California
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with significant unmet needs. Working together, we blend the best of our talents to deliver thoughtful solutions that patients value. Will you join us in this pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Medical Affairs Team, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Rheumatology Medical Science Liaison – Northern California/Nevada Territory.
As a Rheumatology Medical Science Liaison (MSL), you will serve as a key field-based scientific partner to healthcare providers and decision-makers, medical professional associations, and internal UCB colleagues. The Medical Science Liaison will be responsible for executing key medical strategies to enhance and positively impact patients living with chronic inflammatory diseases.
You will contribute by:
- Maintaining a deep scientific knowledge in the area of Rheumatology
- Providing effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailor presentations to meet specific audience needs through peer to peer scientific exchange Providing effective clinical presentations to and foster scientific exchange with internal and external audiences by tailoring presentations to meet specific audience interests
- Identifying and supporting potential research projects/collaborations, medical advisors, and educational partnership opportunities
- Conducting local roundtable discussions and educational programs that aim to enhance UCB’s understanding of unmet clinical needs through scientific engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)’s
- Serving as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings
- Delivering the clinical value proposition of UCB products and engaging with key decision-makers in medical groups, IDNs, and regional payers
- Reviewing and critiquing scientific publications to help inform healthcare trends in Rheumatology
- Collecting, analyzing, and communicating information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence
- Assessing feasibility and serving as the primary liaison between UCB and investigator for unsolicited Investigator-Initiated Studies (IISs) from inception to publication
- Extensive travel (up to 75%) required, including overnights and some weekends
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO or PhD); will consider NP/PA with clinical experience in relevant therapeutic area
- 3+ years of field medical experience
- Must reside within the assigned territory
- Valid US Driver’s License and with no more than 3 moving violations in the past 2 years
- Must complete initial training and successfully pass all assessments within 90 days of hire
- Rheumatology and/or other inflammatory disease experience strongly preferred
- Prior product launch experience preferred
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively interface with other internal departments including regional business units, marketing, sales, medical affairs, and clinical operations
- Basic business acumen with a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Basic knowledge and understanding of health economic principles and clinical trials
- Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
- Creative approach to problem solving and ability to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
Why you should apply
At UCB, we strive to attract passionate and outstanding talents who thrive on change and are ready to bring real value to patients. Working for us you’ll discover a place where you can grow and express your full potential. We place an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and impact. Through meaningful recognition and a motivating work atmosphere, we aim to provide an optimal experience by caring about and valuing our employees – just as we do for the patients we serve.
If you believe you are the perfect match to join us on our pioneering adventure, then we invite you to apply and tell us more about your profile and motivation.
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com .
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Company Location: San Francisco, California