Road Safety Officer Job at in Bankstown NSW
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary and Benefits: $80,743 (Grade G, Step1) + 9.5% super
Post Date: 12/11/2020
Road Safety Officer
Permanent full time opportunity
Opportunity to extra leave (Accrued Time Off)
Based in Bankstown
As a Road Safety officer, you will play a key role in developing, implementing and evaluating road safety education and training programs.
In this role you will work closely with key stake holders to promote and embed road safety programs that lead to greater awareness of Road Safety within our community
This opportunity will be offered on a permanent full time basis.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $80,743 (Grade G, Step1) + 9.5% super
Click on the link below to access salary information for all steps within the designated Grade.
Your Duties In This Role Will Include
- Develop and submit grant applications to relevant funding bodies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate road safety education programs in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Prepare and organise meetings of Council’s Road Safety Advisory Committee.
- Prepare and monitor annual road safety budget.
- Prepare reports to Council Traffic Committee on relevant aspects of the Road Safety Program as required.
- Complete administrative duties as necessary to the function.
- Liaise with schools in relation to Traffic Safety.
- Carry out road safety publicity campaigns social media campaigns.
- Engage with the local community on implementation of road safety programs.
- Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties
You Will Have
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing/education/communications/behavioural science or other related discipline
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Proven ability to makes presentations and undertake public speaking with skill and confidence
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- experience with computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet and desktop publishing
- experience in consultation processes, particularly with community groups
- experience in research and statistical analysis
- experience in addressing Road Safety issues associated with anti-social driving, schools and town centres
What’s in it for you?
- Permanent full time opportunity
- Opportunity to earn extra leave (Accrued Time Off)
- Access to health and wellbeing programs
- Access to further training and development
- 2019 Employer of Choice! – work for an award-winning organisation that will truly value your input
How to apply:
You can submit your application by clicking the “Apply Now” button and creating a login using your email address.
When submitting your application, make sure to address the essential criteria mentioned in the position description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 29 November 2020.
For more information, please contact Siva Sritharan(Team Leader Traffic and Transport) on 02 9707 5430
Company Location: Bankstown NSW