Rooms Division Manager Job at Marriott International, Inc – in Illovo, KwaZulu-Natal
Job Number 21031747
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Protea Hotel Johannesburg Wanderers, Corner Corlette Drive and Rudd Road, Illovo, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Protea Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Protea Hotels by Marriott® is the leading hospitality brand in Africa and one of the most widely recognized hospitality brands on the continent, with over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda. If you have a passion for delivering every guest a personalized service experience and desire to be part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa’, join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team today!
Assists the General Manager in all aspects of Food & Beverage and Rooms Operations including guest and employee satisfaction. Assists the General Manager in the implementation of property-wide brand strategy initiatives.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Food and Beverage and Rooms Operations
- Conducts quarterly Food & Beverage audits in accordance with SOPs to ensure the Food & Beverage budget meets targets; reviews results with the General Manager and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates all Food & Beverage functions and communication.
- Conducts quarterly Rooms Operations audits in accordance with SOPs to ensure the Rooms Operations budget meets targets; reviews results with the General Manager and taking corrective action as necessary.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
- Conducts walk-through to confirm the building is well maintained and guest areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Motivates team to achieve operational excellence; encouraging calculated risk-taking.
- Maintains profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Maintains the property as a safe and secure facility for guests and employees.
Managing the Guest Experience
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, hosts/participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to establish relationship with customer, understands group needs, sets and manages expectations.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings.
- Reviews guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement; takes corrective action as appropriate.
Supporting the Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Assists in building relationships with local civic leaders, community and business organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Advises brand and regional team of growth opportunities.
- Participates in sales calls, local events and site visits with members of the sales team to acquire business.
- Assists the General Manager in researching and analyzing new products, pricing and services of competition.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Works with the General Manager to develop a schedule that guarantees one of them will be on property during peak times.
- Hires department managers who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the annual performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Coaches by providing specific feedback to improve employee performance.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with the leadership team, and ensuring direct reports do the same for their teams.
- Assists in coordinating the development and communication of emergency procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of employees.
- Demonstrates Knowledge of all management contract requirements for the property and ensures compliance with contract and reporting requirements.
- Working with the General Manager to ensure all shifts are covered by the appropriate management or supervisors.
- Provides support for operational functions as needed to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Company: Marriott International, Inc –
Company Location: Illovo, KwaZulu-Natal