Safety, Health and Environment Manager Jobs in UK at Michael Page Facilities Management
Title: Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Company: Michael Page Facilities Management
Type: Full Time
Category: Management, Engineering
Location: Not Specified
An interim three month position has come into play due to a period of absence to cover. This position is for an experienced professional in the Health, Safety and Environment space. The organisation would love to see candidates from a research background/labs, so if this sounds like you, you don’t want to miss out on this one!
This particular client is a University that is based in London who are well known for their sciences!
– As a SHE Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the management and governance of the organisation’s safety, health and environment activities
– Line management responsibility for the SHE Office which comprises of a SHE Advisor and Administrator
– Ensure the office provides operational and management support, information, guidance and advice throughout the organisation.
– A wide range of safety, health and environment issues including chemical and biological safety, microbiological safety, radiological protection and genetic modification and environmental protection
– Work in partnership with both internal departments as well as external partners promoting and participating in positive and progressive SHE culture
– Core focus on compliance and maintaining focus with statutory health, safety and welfare provisions and organisational standards
– The successful candidate will have experience in a research based environment/labs and have a strong background in leading Health and Safety.
– Knowledge and understanding of developing, presenting and managing key business critical data and risks/risk assessments
– Maintaining compliance status is fundamental together with enabling continued improvement in systems
– Must have a strong understanding of HSE related legislation and implications as well as the capital investment procedures for the Higher Education sector
– Desirable candidate will have working knowledge of related management systems – OHSAS 18001 and ISO 140001
– A competitive day rate and an opportunity to both complement and strengthen your personal profile.