Sales Lead Job at The Edge Fitness Clubs in Manchester, CT
Summary & Reports to: As a Sales Lead with The Edge Fitness Clubs, your main responsibility is to ensure you attain daily, monthly and annual membership goal. In addition to being the main driver to hit the club goal, you will also have a personal membership goal set each month. To hold this position, you must be passionate about helping our members achieve results & change lives. You must create a culture of having fun while getting to goal. Your ability to create and sustain a culture of driving and grinding to achieve our membership unit and revenue goal, while having fun, will dictate your success.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Attains membership goal by executing all areas of The Edge sales process creating the urgency to join
- Generates dollars by collecting the maximum amount of revenues based on current club promotions
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments and memberships
- Acts as a mentor and ensures that the Fitness Consultant are building excitement on the tour to ensure the prospect’s first impression of the club is a good one, they build value on the initial training appointment, grow referrals, presents price properly & never lets an opportunity pass by
- Mentors, coaches, teaches & assists the Operations Manager to train the Fitness Consultant to develop and improve their sales and customer service skills
- Continue to learn and get better through constant training around key sales techniques (role playing the TI’s, club tours & membership presentation)
- Consistently offers ongoing support and training to all new hires
- Ensures that all Fitness Consultants are aware of the current sales and marketing promotions going on
- Be an active participant by providing insight on what is going right, what is going wrong and how to get better
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- 2 years related Sales Experience with direct consumer sales or membership sales strongly preferred
- Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours, as necessary during closeouts or end of month
- Demonstrates a “roll up the sleeves” mentality
- Must have a passion for fitness
- Must have a passion to help people
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer’s needs.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
Sales Goals Attainment: Respects and achieves sales plan goals, strives to maintain sales quota for self and team.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would. Acquires and applies this knowledge to accomplish results. Understands each department in the club and all services provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role however you will be touring prospects walking through the club. This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position where hours vary based on the needs of the clubs. This position frequently requires long hours and some night/weekend work. This position may require you to work extra hours on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company: The Edge Fitness Clubs
Company Location: Manchester, CT