Security Representative (Full-time, Continuing) Job at University of Lethbridge – in Lethbridge, AB
University of Lethbridge Campus Safety Security Services is currently accepting applications for a Full Time, Continuing Security Representative position to commence work as soon as possible. Security Representatives provide 24/7 coverage on a negotiated rotating 12-hour shift pattern and successful candidates may be confirmed after a nine-month probationary period. Employees who are on shift shall be eligible for premiums outlined in the AUPE Collective Agreement with the University of Lethbridge.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, patrols and investigative work focused on enhancing the safety and security of persons, buildings and property, and the environment; traffic control; and assisting the campus community, as required.
Applicants are expected to produce a recent Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector, recent driver’s abstract, and valid First Aid CPR Certificate prior to employment. Only candidates in possession of a valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act Individual or Investigators License in accordance with the Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act will be considered.
The ideal candidate(s) will/will have:
- Possess a two-year college diploma with some experience in law enforcement or security field or equivalent training and/or experience
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act
- A valid First Aid CPR Certificate
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Be a quick learner with a calm demeanor and a positive attitude, physically capable of conducting patrols for extended periods of time
- Excellent computer skills and a very good working knowledge in Office 365, alarm management, access control, property management
- Knowledge of fire prevention methods and procedures
- An understanding of Standard Operating Procedures formats
- Be able to adapt to rapidly changing environments
- Be able to work independently and successfully in a team environment
- Be able to write clear, concise reports
- Above average written and communication skills
- Working knowledge in closed-circuit television (CCTV) programs
- Post-secondary education in Criminal Justice, Corrections, Security, or a related field
- Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act Investigators License
- A valid non-restricted Alberta or alternate Provincial non-restricted driver’s license
- A working knowledge in Building Management Systems Programs
All Candidates will be expected to submit a Resume, Cover Letter, References, First Aid CPR Certificate, and AB Security License.
Hiring Range $3,870.00 – $4,306.00 monthly
Employment Group AUPE
Company: University of Lethbridge –
Company Location: Lethbridge, AB