Senior Backend Developer Job Jobs in Newport Beach, CA at SAP
Title: Senior Backend Developer Job
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Salary: $100K – $150K*
Category: Enterprise Technology
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Eureka is a new unit withinSAP S/4 HANA with the purpose to build, learn, and take new SaaS applications to market that delight our customers and fill needs in our current S/4HANA product offerings. Our team plays a key role in the broader S/4HANA Cloud strategy with a focus on building cloud-native services leveraging our SAP technologies like SAP Cloud Platform, HANA, and connecting technology and learnings back to the S/4HANA broader portfolio.
We combine engineering and agile operations excellence with thought leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and radical customer-centricity to turn big ideas into reality. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. In our fast-paced environment, we look for talents who are ambitious, display leadership qualities and are always enthusiastic about taking on new challenges. You will be able to grow your skillset in both breadth and depth as we continue to push technology & product experience forward.
SAP is consistently recognized as one of the world’s top employers. Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help create the future.
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a focus on backend Java/Python microservices engineering.
• Propose and compare design and technology options with technical leads.
• Can lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Develop fast, robust and scalable applications using modern cloud-native technologies.
• Investigate technology options in-line with SAP’s overall technology direction.
•MS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 7+years demonstrated work experience as a professional backend software engineer.
• Strong knowledge of modern cloud back-end technology stacks
• Familiar with server-side frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot)
• Can demonstrate fluency in a programming language (e.g., Java, Python, Scala)
• Experience building APIs and API-first design principles. E.g. Swagger, GraphQL, and REST API.
• Strong experience developing in an agile team using Git, GitHub or GitLab
• Experience in cloud software development using TDD and CI/CD.
• Familiarity with containerized applications using Docker and container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
• Experience with development and deployment of microservice-based architectures.
• Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• Strong sense for quality assurance and experience designing and implementing functional tests as part of the development process
• Hands-on mentality and an unremitting focus on getting the right things done
• Newport Beach