Senior Cost Accountant Analyst Jobs in Cleveland at Metro Health Medical Center
Performs specialized cost accounting duties and provides support for the business intelligence performance analytics system. Works directly with the costing system and product line leadership to ensure identification of fixed and variable expenses and accurate allocation of direct and indirect costs. Educates, develops, and maintains accurate costing standards with stakeholders. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
1. Contributes to patient safety by supporting the System-wide programs and policies addressing a safe environment for patients and the reporting of safety concerns to the appropriate individuals.
2. Develops and maintains cost accounting system to be used in product line analysis, reimbursement, budget, contract evaluation, and provides information as needed to make managerial decisions. Maintains and updates proprietary data sources as needed.
3. Conducts/coordinates departmental and hospital wide studies to enhance management control of costing.
4. Identifies, recommends and resolves variances by communicating clearly and professionally with all staff levels within hospital. Works with operating departments independently and as required to investigate and resolve costing and reporting issues identified by the operations/finance staff.
5. Makes recommendations to increase accuracy and efficiency of costing systems as well as operational efficiency. Identifies problems or situations which need to be addressed by the department director or other managers throughout the hospital.
6. Participates in integrating cost information into the decision-making process by establishing procedures for accumulation of statistical data necessary for maintaining accurate cost accounting and case mix management information.
7. Performs complex statistical analysis of costing and planning data. Analyze specific diagnosis related group volumes, length of stay, and profitability.
8. Develops approaches to monitor costing performance and simplifies maintenance of costing structure over time.
9. As necessary, develops specific departmental costing standards that would replace and significantly improve price based relative value unit costing results.
10. Remains current with subject matter and training opportunities, and seeks professional development opportunities.
11. Incorporates principles of teamwork in the resolution, completion, and follow-up of responsibilities.
12. Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university.
Three years of related decision support experience working with activity based costing standards and/or other costing models.
Five years of progressive analytics experience including mathematical analysis of business problems along with demonstrated presentation skills.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software products with expertise in Excel modeling and Access database.
Advanced knowledge of financial/managerial accounting and cost accounting software systems.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills exemplifying polished analytical and critical thinking.
Demonstrates work ethic, adaptability and is a self starter with experience in managing multiple tasks.
Masters in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
Hospital decision support cost acc…
Job Title: Senior Cost Accountant Analyst
Company Name: Metro Health Medical Center
Experince: 5 – 7 years
Job Category: Hospitals & Medical Centers