Senior Embedded Engineer Jobs in Cardiff – Wales – UK at Personnel Futures
Title: Senior Embedded Engineer
Company: Personnel Futures
Location: Cardiff – Wales – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Electronics
An exciting opportunity to lead in the conception, design and development of software/electronics for medical devices technology of the future.
* Lead the design, development, prototyping and final qualification of new products in accordance with company Product Development Process (PDD) requirements to meet functional, clinical, customer and manufacturing requirements.
* Research and maintain a strong and current understanding of relevant new product development and manufacturing technologies and their application to medical device design to meet or exceed customer, company and project needs
* Provision in the evaluation and documentation the feasibility, reliability and risk of concepts and / or prototypes through engineering testing and analysis in order to demonstrate that the product performance, manufacturability, safety and cost are consistent with the customer, regulatory and production requirements.
* Develop timelines and cost estimates for development tasks and appraise management of performance against plan, communicating and reporting progress to project management to maintain and track compliance to project schedule.
* Generate and review design history file documentation in compliance with GMP, QSR, ISO and company PDD requirements throughout the project life cycle to ensure the design is fully documented.
* Coordinate vendor activities relative to communication of specifications, development schedules and progression tracking in order to obtain components, supplies or equipment to support prototype or product procurement and assembly.
* The delivery of manufacturable designs acceptable to operations by applying Design for Manufacture principles and feedback from manufacturing engineers, external suppliers and other sources
* Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent and minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering experience in high technology regulated industry.
* Ideally GMP, ISO 13485, 62304, 60601 and QSR knowledge as practiced in the medical device industry
* Significant experience with conceptualising/modelling electronics based designs and full product lifecycle development
* Experienced use of test equipment such as logic/signal analysers, oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters etc
* Experience in power supply, analogue/digital designs.
* Experience in simulation of electronic circuits
* Electronic Prototyping skills
* Demonstrable ability to lay out PCBs
* Significant C programming experience in embedded systems
* Microcontroller driver development STM32 or similar.
* Serial Communications e.g. USB, UART, RS485, CANbus, SPI, I2C