Senior Engineer (US) Jobs in New York, NY at TD Bank
Title: Senior Engineer (US)
Company: TD Bank
Location: New York, NY
Salary: $150K – $200K*
Category: Finance & Insurance
The Infrastructure Engineer provides deep technical leadership, domain specialization and expertise, and sets direction in developing and implementing solutions to address TD Securities specialized infrastructure needs and strategies while advancing the overall design architecture and technology capabilities in accordance with industry developments focused on high availability, low latency and high RTO. Role also is influential to Senior Leaders and provides guidance and governance to other technology groups and business areas.
• Provide senior technical leadership in support of the Bank’s objectives related to the overall Infrastructure Design Engineering function focused on TD Securities and Capital Markets
• Research advanced infrastructure design technologies for relevant specialized area of Engineering, develop and document high level and low-level design of respective systems
• Design Deploy and Maintain end to end infrastructure with a strong background in application development, strong design infrastructure leadership, operational experience in resiliency and support of capital markets applications.
• Lead and support Engineering / Infrastructure projects and designs on an enterprise basis covering US, Canada and international sites
• Act as thought leader, innovator and agent of change for the programs and services under executive management impacting and influencing organizational direction to meet longer term strategic objectives
• Work in close partnership with technology teams to support the business’s objectives and operational support goals and provide domain expertise on strategic Infrastructure as well as Business project related activities (including both Change the Bank and Run the Bank programs)
• Engage executive stakeholders appropriately to review progress and obtain input, validation and approval of key decisions
• Anticipate client needs to identify appropriate solutions and to influence the development of innovative solutions focused on TD Securities end to end infrastructure design
• Interpret internal/external business issues and recommends best practices in own discipline
• May manage costs for specific projects in conjunction with technology leaders
• Lead interaction with governance and control groups, (e.g. regulatory / operational risk, compliance and audit) to provide subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools
• Proactively identify emerging technologies and innovative solutions for building more robust platform domains
• You have at least 10+ years of technical working experience in the participation of engineering & design of an enterprise scale infrastructure system.
• You possess the technical depth, plus breadth to lead the solutioning, and provide the technical oversight in the provisioning and new technology delivery across diverse technologies such as;
• O/S: Windows, UNIX (including redhat Linux, ESXI (*SUSE, *AIX, and *Solaris),
• Enterprise application & Data base technologies : Oracle & SQL
• Middleware technologies: Citrix/XenApp, IBM MQ, WebSphere App server & Redhat Jboss
• You possess an expert understanding of emerging technologies, operational best practices, and technical architecture pertaining to the banks global Infrastructure.
• You will need to exercise the ability to influence staff and their management; as…