Senior Manager, IT Development Jobs in Oakland, CA at Blue Shield Of California
Title: Senior Manager, IT Development
Company: Blue Shield Of California
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: $200K – $250K*
Category: Finance & Insurance
The Senior Manager, IT Applications will be responsible for managing a team of 10+ developers/analysts, responsible for the solution design, development and delivery of EDI/Applications solution for Enrollment, Claims, Encounters, business processes and support complex business applications. The manager works collaboratively across business and IT functions to meet or exceed service level agreement/objectives and ensures on time delivery of solutions and automation.
Solution Development and Delivery
• Provides technical direction and leadership for on time development, design, and systems integration from initiation phase through implementation (SDLC) supporting business functions of Enrollment, Claims, Encounters and EDI applications.
• Provide leadership to Incident management support team, problem management, strategic planning, financial management and human capital.
• Responsible and accountable for complex EDI applications requiring high performance and availability.
• Applies significant knowledge of IT and healthcare industry trends
• Ability to recognize application deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
• Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements more efficiently, with greater reusability, maintainability, and scalability.
• Experience working within a multi-source, on/offshore sourcing model
• Experience with supplier management, maintain relationships, contract negotiation, and oversee execution and performance of third-party vendor and development suppliers
• Ability to matrix manage/organize others within the IT organization in order to get work done quickly
• Responsible for building high performing technical team that provide development expertise on key technologies including Edifecs, Salesforce, WMB, WTX(IBM), Facet enrollment tool kit, TriZetto HIPPA gateway, Sterling and custom apps.
• Maintain audit/compliance oversight and familiarity with relevant standards and regulations
• Creates and executes development plans across multiple projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements.
• Keeps project/program manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project/program managers
• Ensures high quality code creation across development teams
• Helps to define, communicate and enforce coding standards
• Manages multiple technical teams within budget and project schedule
• Communicates with Executive IT and business leadership on health of the system and project updates
• Well versed in IT Procurement contract processes
• 5+ years leading technical teams in large enterprise organizations
• 5+ years EDI/EDIFECS and Facets knowledge
• 3+ years of experience in health care
• 10+ years of working knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Expert Technical Knowledge and experience in all applications development, implementation and support (Architecture, requirements, developments, system design & configuration, Data/information conversion & migration and system support).
• Experience in managing technical team of employee, contractors and service providers across multiple sites and functions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrated while working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Able to effectively communicate status, design and approach with management/bus…