Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs in Stockport – England – UK at P2P Consultancy
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: P2P Consultancy
Location: Stockport – England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Design/Multimedia
Salary: Salary 35000 GBP Yearly GBP 35000 YEAR
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our chosen business partner are the leading manufacturer and distributor of power generators. They are curently experiencing a huge upturn in design & develoment enquiries and they need to add to their experienced engineering team quickly.
* Responsible for the production of mechanical design and specifications including but not limited to Process Flow diagrams, Process and Instrumentation diagrams, Functional Design Specifications, Technical Specifications, schematic drawings, detail drawings and Equipment schedules in line with the contractual requirements, ensuring such documents are produced accurately and in the timely manner.
* Liaise with CAD Designers, coordinating and leading activity in order to ensure that the design packages (Layouts, General Arrangements, Piping Drawings) are produced to the required timescales and standards of quality.
* Responsible for the design of heat recovery, heat rejection, hot water, chilled water, steam, noise attenuation and ventilation systems through technical calculations and assessments, including safety assessments.
* Pipe and pump sizing based on maximum allowable velocities and pressure losses for various fluids.
* Responsible for specification, selection and requisition of materials and plant for use in the build of the combined heat and power or Tri-generation system. (Heat exchangers, Pumps, Boilers, Chillers, Filters, Controls, Instrumentation).
2. To ensure good customer service and supply chain management to support sales, projects and service.
* To manage and measure suppliers work both on and off site to ensure that the quality of work is to the standard required for the customers that would enable sign off in accordance with the project Quality Plan and associated ITP’s.
* To be aware of the contractual requirements of all Projects to produce cost effective solutions and proposals for projects.
* Liaise with Electrical Design Engineer in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
* Participate, and where appropriate lead, HAZOP, HAZID, OPMAN, SIL and risk assessment studies.uality management policies and procedures in all work undertaken.
* Provide technical support to the Project Manager during the installation commissioning and testing phase of the project, ensuring the timely production of all necessary documentation.
* Trouble shooting and resolution of technical issues relating to process problems.
* Attend site for technical and layout surveys.
* HNC/D or degree qualified in mechanical engineering, with a focus on generation.
* Competent Mechanical Engineer with experience in power generation, pipework and ventilation design, CDM and health & safety.
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience in successful technical management and development of Energy Projects.
* Effective IT skills and competent in Microsoft Office Packages and experience using AutoCAD or equivalent.
* Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team, demonstrate initiative and present technical results.
* Full current driving licence.
* Experience of working within the CDM regulations, current HS & E legislation and ISO quality standards