Senior Product Manager – EC2 Load Balancing Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
Amazon’s Elastic Load Balancing service provides a load balancer that automatically distributes incoming application requests across multiple Amazon EC2 instances. It allows our customers to achieve greater levels of fault tolerance in their applications, seamlessly providing the required amount of load balancing capacity needed to distribute application traffic. Elastic Load Balancing detects unhealthy application instances and automatically reroutes traffic to the remaining healthy instances until the unhealthy instances have been restored. Our customers can enable Elastic Load Balancing within a single or multiple Availability Zones for more consistent application performance, or use Route53 DNS failover to support globally distributed applications.
As one of Amazon’s fastest growing compute services, we are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to operate as a business owner for the product; engaging customers, setting strategy, defining a product roadmap, working with engineering to deliver and then working with marketing and sales to turn your plan into a business success.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Driving feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for key components of the Elastic Load Balancing offering.
- Working with the engineering and program management leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the hard, high-judgment trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market.
- Performing analysis needed for a complete business model, including financial (P&L) models, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing analysis, etc. Complete product management analysis and artifacts, including market requirements, feature roadmap, and customer experience artifacts.
- Building a complete marketing plan, including branding, marketing, distribution, PR plan, and communications strategy, including execution of the plan through the various launches on the Elastic Load Balancing roadmap.Basic Qualifications
- 5 or more years experience in product management in the technology space * Proven track record in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment * Experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence across cross functional teams * Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services * Bachelor’s degree in technology or technology management related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA