Senior Software Developer PHP (REMOTE Ireland) Job at Bluefin Payment Systems – in Ireland
Position Summary: Bluefin Payment Systems is looking for a Senior PHP Software Engineer to join their development team in Waterford, Ireland. The successful candidate will help build Payments and Security focused SaaS applications for our omni-channel security suite. We require a security conscious individual with strong problem-solving skills to enhance our card-present, e-commerce, mobile payments and data security offerings.
We are willing to hire remote workers with the expectation they are willing to visit the Waterford office periodically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of cloud-based software applications.
- Maintain existing codebases; troubleshoot bugs and add new features.
- Architect and develop software that integrates with 3rd parties including: payment processors (First Data, Elavon, etc.), SaaS services and Partner platforms.
- Effectively collaborate with peers and internal stakeholders.
- Understand, reinforce and improve the SCRUM development methodology.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Senior-level hands-on experience with Frontend and Backend technology stacks.
- Ability to take initiative and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience using PHP frameworks.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongo.
- Experience developing software for distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with SECURE CODING techniques.
- Organization and analytic skills, with strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with version control systems such as SVN or Git.
- Hands-on experience with LINUX.
- Experience in Payment Processing/transactional environments.
- Experience using common business software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and VISIO to visualize, discuss and present ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years creating complex, data-driven applications for the web.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of Payment processing is an advantage.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM system with the ability to multi-task.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: €70,000.00-€80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Angular: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Bluefin Payment Systems –
Company Location: Ireland