Senior Vendor Manager, Apparel Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
The Senior Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth. The SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.com’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleague and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
The successful SVM will be able to:
- Act as the ‘business owner’ for assigned vendors, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives)
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships – manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targetsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Business, or Management
- 5+ years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiations and vendor management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA