Service Desk Technician Job at City of St. Albert – in St. Albert, AB
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 66,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The Information Technology Services department is seeking to fill a permanent Service Desk Technician position. The Technician will work in a team to provide and coordinate technical support to all City employees using personal computers and other electronic devices. This position requires extensive interaction with clients to diagnose and solve problems with IT hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
In order to provide effective service delivery, the Service Desk Technician must ensure they maintain a solid understanding of a variety of corporate applications, computer and audio-visual hardware and mobile devices used by the City. They liaise with other personnel within the ITS Department to resolve incidents, analyze problems and fulfill user requests. The individual will be a skilled user of IT Service Management (ITSM) software tool and related configuration management database.
The Service Desk Technician’s key areas of responsibilities will include: responding to Service Desk incidents and requests; installing, maintaining and supporting computer hardware, audio visual/video conferencing equipment and remote meeting software, mobile devices and software applications; providing IT and audio-visual support for City Council and Committee meetings and to members of Council; and assisting with the coordination of Service Desk operations.
The individual we seek is client focused and has a high level of initiative. This position is well suited to someone who is organized, resourceful and manages their time well.
This position will be required to work both remotely and onsite at various City facilities. Travel between facilities is also required.
- Post-secondary IT program diploma or certificate
- A+ hardware training and certification or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of technical support experience in a Windows environment.
- Experience supporting City Council and/or Executive teams is an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service methodology and IT service management processes.
- Strong working knowledge of computer architecture, ITIL processes and methodology, Windows operating system, Active Directory and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong working knowledge of VoIP, mobile device management, and smart phone technologies.
- Knowledge of audio-visual systems including video conferencing and remote meeting hardware and software is an asset.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless network technologies and protocols is preferred.
- Knowledge of the function and architecture of municipal software applications is an asset.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong technical writing and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities and ability to multi-task effectively.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s licence is required.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). Support for Council and Committee meetings outside normal work hours is required.
$60,515 – $74,480 per annum. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- Please upload a cover letter and resume when applying for this opportunity. These will need to be uploaded as two separate documents.
- Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. MST on the closing date.
- Please note that the City will be conducting video conference interviews to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
- A Class 5 driver’s licence is required for this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post.
Company: City of St. Albert –
Company Location: St. Albert, AB