Shipping Coordinator Job at Femco, Inc. – in McPherson, KS
FEMCO, INC. JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Shipping Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Shipping & Receiving
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediate
WAGE: $20-$25 per hour
SUMMARY: Performs various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and/or commercial standards; receives and stocks incoming equipment, materials, and supplies and prepares shipments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all in- and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- One to two years related experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics SL (Preferred)
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management–Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Managing People–Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability–Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality–Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation–Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds, Occasionally more than 50 pounds
- Frequently exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Frequently exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Forklift, shrink wrapper, scales, UPS and FedEx software
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Femco, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 precautions are in place and specific to each department. Shipping & Receiving protocols restrict truck drivers from entering the shipping office, required to use masks and hand sanitizer when in the warehouse.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Femco, Inc. –
Company Location: McPherson, KS