Shop Lead Technician Job at Heartland AG Systems – in Marshall, MO
The Shop Lead Technician is responsible for training, assisting, and scheduling work for technician’s in the shop. They will be involved with prioritizing the shop schedule, along with the shipping and receiving of new inventory and customer units. They will work closely with the service manager to help meet the entire service department’s needs.
- Coordinate and facilitate shop flow and other needs, through working closely with the service manager. Aid with all aspects of workorders and work with the parts department to ensure proper parts are ordered for machines in the shop.
- Service and support all equipment sold by Heartland Ag Systems. Aid with customer phone calls and walk in customers. Assist with installs and troubleshooting of Precision products.
- Maintain work areas and keep the shop clean and organized. Maintain specialty tools and shop supplies used in day to day jobs. Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Check machines in and out of the location as they arrive and leave on a truck. Complete and submit all required service-related documents in a timely manner. Complete and maintain all required paperwork and records to ensure document control is being completed properly.
- Develop and deliver training of new technicians. Comply with all policies related to attendance, punctuality, alcohol, substance abuse, safety, and all other policies outlined in the employee handbook. Participate in Company and Manufacturer sponsored Product Training Seminars.
- Observe and report issues and concerns to the immediate supervisor; including both process and employee related issues.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment improvements to improve availability, capability, and yield.
Education: Two-year associate degree or equivalent training and experience with agricultural equipment repair is preferred.
Experience and/or Training: Mechanical knowledge of sprayers, floaters as well as other related units and application equipment.
Licenses/Certificates: Must have a valid Driver’s license.
Technology/Equipment: Computer proficiency for work orders and online product related websites.
Must be able to lift and carry 75 pounds. Must be able to work from standing, sitting, and kneeling positions. Must be able to climb and work from stationary and rolling ladders. Must be willing to work on, under, or inside equipment as well as on equipment outside in the weather elements. Be willing and able to work extended hours during peak seasons, including some weekend shifts and on call duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Marshall, MO 65340 (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agricultural Equipment Repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Shop Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Heartland AG Systems –
Company Location: Marshall, MO