Signal Processing Scientist Jobs in Chantilly, VA at Applied Technology Associates
Title: Signal Processing Scientist
Company: Applied Technology Associates
Location: Chantilly, VA
Salary: $80K – $100K*
Category: Aerospace & Defense
ATA is seeking applicants to serve as a Principal Research Scientist in the Advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Sensor Program.
– Maintain a safe and healthy laboratory environment during all research of test activities
performed in connection with the SVAT contract
– Signal processing algorithm development
– Data analysis
– Modeling and simulations
– Research and development
– Perform all other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Current U.S. Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance
– Bachelor’s degree in associated field or equitable experience
– Five (5) years of experience with developing advanced signal processing solutions for complex
valued data sets
– Competency in MATLAB
– Ability to develop software in languages such as Python, Java and/or C++
– Current Top Secret/SCI Clearance
– Graduate degree in associated field or equitable experience
– Experience in rapid prototyping and testing of advanced signal processing techniques to extract
geophysical and man-made feature attributes is highly desired.
– Ability to be creative and innovative in developing technical solutions to non-traditional problems
using complex data is highly desired.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are nominally Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, though some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.