Site Administration Manager Job at Andros UK in Frome
NO AGENCY PLEASE
The Site Administration Manager reports to the Factory Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Management of the supply chain, including purchasing of ingredients and packaging, NIRO (stores forward, closer to the factory), General Stores (including the consumables stores), Cold Store, Freezer and Engineering Stores.
· Oversight of monthly stock-taking of all ingredients and packaging and clearance of redundant stock.
· Oversight of large purchasing spends to ensure best possible terms e.g. milk and cream.
· Oversight of a project to overhaul and update the Engineering Stores.
· Contract management for all site contracts, going out to tender as required, negotiating contracts and review of contract terms before MD’s signature.
· Monitoring of contract performance, instigating reviews, as required
· Management of site security including the Security Office manned by Operations Support personnel and all movements into and out of site.
· Maintenance of local relationship with transport provider to ensure secure movement of finished products off site.
· Facilities management for all infrastructure on site, including effluent plant and project management of improvements to be undertaken ‘in-house’ by engineering department or external contractors.
· Management of site cleaner.
· Management of Supply Chain administrator and responsibility for site stationery.
· Relationship management with external storage provider.
· Overall responsibility for site canteen and outsourced contract catering.
· Holiday cover for direct reports, as required.
· Overall responsibility for the following budgets:
o Budget for all ingredients and packaging;
o Budget for site expenditure, such as external storage, laundry, pallet hire, and equipment hire;
o Budget for engineering expenditure.
· Support to the factory manager on ad hoc projects as required, to facilitate on-site communication and decision-making, for example, move from PS to PET plastic packaging.
Astute business management skills with the ability to make key front line commercial/operational decisions and implement financial controls.
A disciplined hands-on leader, who is also a good team-player.
Strong communication and influencing skills.
Proficient at multi-tasking and ability to remain calm under pressure
Excellent time management, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize tasks.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing multiple areas of responsibility and will be able to demonstrate the ability to influence and motivate others within the business.
They will have a real understanding of the personal attributes that are required to succeed in this position to include, tenacity, working to challenging deadlines and in a changing environment with the ability to problem solve and bring thought leadership and creative solutions using limited resources.
Experience leading and mentoring teams.
Knowledge of the food manufacturing industry and/or supply chains an advantage.
Experience of facilities management and project management.
Previous budgetary responsibility.
Motivated and enthusiastic.
Logical and analytical approach.
Continuous improvement mentality.
Driven and determined to achieve results.
Passionate about the success of the Company.
To inspire and positively influence others.
To be able to show vision and have ambition to make change happen.
A ‘can do’ attitude
Dynamic and creative with analytical integrity
Keen interest in food
The role is based full time in Frome, Somerset
Market Leader in their products and sector
£50,000 per annum
Company pension 6% employer contribution
4 x death in service benefit
25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Company sick pay
Free eye test and £90 contribution to glasses.
Long service recognition to include additional holiday.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 per year
- Facilities/ project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leading and mentoring: 3 years (Required)
Company: Andros UK
Company Location: Frome