Snr HR Assistant – EU Line haul Job at Amazon UK Services Ltd. in United Kingdom
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Evidence of academic focus in human resources (or related field), or achievement of CIPD part-qualification would be great (fully qualified -even better!)
- Knowledge of employment law and HR through prior experience in a HR role will be advantageous
- Strong experience in a general administration within an environment committed to customer service and continual process improvement
- A clear communicator (Fluency in English) in both verbal and written forms
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, HR systems e.g. PeopleSoft)
- You are naturally customer service obsessed; thriving on the opportunity to engage with our employees in a challenging and fast paced environment with ability to interact in a sensitive and effective way
- Someone who can work without close supervision, multitask, organise and prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Attention to detail is a must together with comfort handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information)
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work and be a trusted and professional ambassador for HR
- A resourceful individual, flexible in approach and who is comfortable provide additional discretionary effort when the team is in need
- You have a sense of fun and are not afraid to get stuck in whatever the task!
- Experience in working across EU countries
**Based in UK/Prague/Barcelona/Munich/Luxembourg**
Senior HR Assistant (SHRA)
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. That’s our slogan, and we stand by it.
Deliver The Future With Us
As we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can to support all our team members which is why we are hiring a SHRA within our EU ATS HR team to support Line haul and Functional Teams. Working closely with our client groups virtually and at EU sites to ensure a great experience for our teams, you will have a key full-time role supporting delivery of a holistic, world-class HR service that our growing Middle Mile transportation teams deserve.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a key contact for our employees and managers (including providing policy guidance, support for attendance and wellbeing matters etc.) and will drive a positive associate experience
- Dealing with a wide variety of day to day HR matters including people related administration and coordination tasks (e.g. new starter processes including on boarding, probation reviews etc.)
- Working closely with HR Shared Services to ensure a seamless employee experience and maximize transaction efficiency as well as ensuring all employee life-cycle transactions are managed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure our people are paid correctly and we have no payroll defects (support for managing our time and attendance system will be part of this)
- Taking ownership for and proactively maintaining site communication mechanisms (e.g. HR noticeboards) and helping to ensure timely and effective communication to our associates
- Providing accurate and timely management information, metrics, and ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records
- Working with necessary stakeholders to ensure consistency and best practice in executing and following up on all engagement mechanisms and initiatives(e.g. Associate Round Tables) as well as support site specific ones e.g. fun events
- Giving support on employee relations case management
- Supporting HR colleagues and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects and maintaining an emphasis on continuous improvement and best practices, to be shared with other HR peers and stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; a role model for the use of the concepts and skills we teach and exceptional commitment to our leadership principles
Company: Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Company Location: United Kingdom