Software Developer Engineer Numerics Job at Silvaco, Inc. in Montbonnot-Saint-Martin (38)
Silvaco, Inc. is a global company with a leading position among providers of EDA and SIP. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Silvaco is undergoing substantial growth driven by AI, IoT, display and big data, and is looking for key talent to join this rapidly expanding company. Silvaco is a privately held company, measuring itself to the highest ethical standards and world class performance.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Silvaco is looking for a software development engineer to join our TCAD team in one of the company’s offices in Europe. Working at the very center of the TCAD group, you would be working on topics ranging from process simulation to device simulation happening during the manufacturing and design of integrated circuits and devices. As a Software Developer, you will help Silvaco develop and deliver high quality products and services.
As a member of the TCAD group, you will design, implement, evaluate, and improve the latest parallel algorithms for the solution of large sparse linear systems and provide recommendations and support to internal engineering teams. The successful candidate will have expert software engineering skills and expertise in implementing mathematical methods and algorithms. As an integral member of a team of highly trained and experienced engineers, the successful candidate must also be able to:
- Develop and support a large collection of linear solvers.
- Identify and implement new numerical solvers and techniques.
- Provide accurate and effective written documentation.
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Displays strong analytical abilities both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks – certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- A key requirement of this role is being the master of all details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle matters with little supervision and with excellent follow up.
- Must be able work alongside dynamic individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward, holding reports accountable for forecasts and other business objectives.
- A strong entrepreneurial and can-do mindset, undaunted by shifting priorities, uncertainty, and a “figuring it out as we go” environment.
- Enough courage to say, “I don’t know”.
- MSc (with relevant experience) or Ph. D. in Computational Science, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Strong proficiency in C++ or equivalent object-oriented programming language.
- Extensive experience in software design.
- Experience in software development within teams (code sharing).
- Experience with parallel programming, especially pthreads, OpenMP, and MPI.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- Experience in implementing direct and iterative solvers for the solution of large sparse linear systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: 30,000.00€ – 50,000.00€ per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Company: Silvaco, Inc.
Company Location: Montbonnot-Saint-Martin (38)