Software Engineer Jobs in Milpitas, CA at Cisco
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Milpitas, CA
Salary: $150K – $200K*
Category: Telecommunications & Hardware
Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Networking to maintain market share leadership in an ambitious environment.
We are looking for a highly upbeat, motivated and technically sharp senior network engineer for the next generation enterprise solutions organization.
As the senior engineer, you will be working on end to end solution testing for a fast growing and industry leading Enterprise solutions in the space of SDA, DNAC, cloud, virtualization and security solutions, working closely with developers, internal and external customers to fix the bugs in the products. You will be responsible for implementing/operating/troubleshooting SDA/DNAC/Wireless solution in a customer zero network in Cisco SJC Campus.
The role demands close collaboration with product engineering teams and cross-functional teams such as Development engineering, Product Marketing, CX (Customer experience) and customer-facing operations like Systems Engineers, Escalation etc.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a solution-level focus while understanding the impact of every component with experience of balancing challenges arising out of front-end and back-end phases of the development life cycle. Should be proficient to define and calibrate test efficacy.
Broad knowledge and exposure to networking, security and security management are important for success in this role.
· CCNP, CCIE or demonstrated relevant experience
· In depth understanding of networking techologies and computer networks is mandatory
· System/solution/performance test background
· Good understanding of different routing protocols, including OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, Multicast, 802.11x CAPWAP, DHCP/DNS, QoS, MPLS L2VPN, L3VPN, IPSec, IPV6, SDA/DNAC, TrustSec, VxLAN, LISP, Cisco ISE, SD-WAN ACI.
· In-depth experience with different Cisco Products, including Catalyst switches, Wireless Controllers, APs ISR, ASR1K, Nexus switches, UCS, Cisco Firewalls.
· Good understanding of wireless technologies and different wireless platforms (e.g. Wi-fi 6, Cisco WLC, eWLC, ECA, Fabric enabled Wireless, OTT)
· Good understanding of Cisco campus fabric architecture, SDA, DNAC, ISE, TrustSec, LISP
· Knowledge of Clould networking technologies, like AWS, GPC, Azure, etc.
· DevOPs programming and scripting experience in Python and Linux is a plus.
· Outstanding troubleshooting skills in a complex network environment and work with the developers and drive to fix the issue in the product.
Excellent communication and analytical skills
Passionate about networking technologies and automation
Excellent team and people skills
Proactive, take ownership for initiatives and work you’re doing, willing to work in a dynamic environment
· You are self-motivated, self-driven, excellent team player and should be flexible to work on any assigned tasks and adjust to changing business priorities and plans.
· Education Typically requires MS EE/CS combined with 8+ yrs related experience, or BS EE/CS combined with 8+ years of related experience.
Valid through: 7/25/2020
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San José, California, in the center of Silicon Valley, that develops, manufactures, and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment, and other high-technology services and products. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as OpenDNS, WebEx, and Jasper, Cisco specializes into specific tech markets, such as Internet of Things, domain security, and energy management.