Solution Architect Job at Volvo Cars – in Göteborg
At Volvo Cars, we believe that being curious and truly committed to understanding people is the key to future success. We are people who care about other people, working together to create new technologies and innovations for safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
Tech Lead / Solution Architect – Parts eCom
At Volvo Cars, we’re on a mission to make people’s lives less complicated. We design our services around people, and we innovate to provide mobility that is personal, sustainable and safe.
What’s in it for you?
In the Consumer Digital team, we work in customer-centric product teams to build products that make owning a car better. We work on products and platforms such as Volvo On Call, Connected Car Cloud Platform, Service Booking, Connected Safety, Customer Care Chat, Volvo ID, over-the-air updates, car connectivity, and APIs for building new innovative services.
In our daily work, we are working according to the SAFe (scaled agile framework) framework with 12 weeks program increment. The position is located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Many of the people you will be working with have experience from start-ups and global tech companies such as Spotify, Google, Microsoft and Ericsson.
We are now looking for a Tech Lead / Solution Architect in the Parts eCom team. You will be working with a group of skilled developers, currently engaged in agile product development enabling the parts eCommerce platform.
What we offer
The Parts eCom team within Volvo Cars Service Operations area will utilize the Spare Parts Data Management product and Spare parts catalogue to build the parts eCommerce platform.
What you will do
- Work as a Tech Lead/Solution Architect within Parts eCom team from design to delivery.
- Provide effort estimates and solution approaches for different scenarios and integrations.
- Position solutions and options to business stakeholders
- Lead development process, solution design and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high quality deliveries.
- Play a direct role in stakeholder communications and expectation/scope management.
- Participate in requirements analysis and documentation and development of acceptance criteria.
- Direct development methodology and play a role of technical leader within the team.
- Contribute to and execute on processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & stakeholder satisfaction.
- Supervise, mentor and coach Developers
- Act as a positive and supportive force within the team.
You and your skills
- You should have a global work experience in Information, Process & Technology sphere with domains of Data Management, Business Intelligence & Data Science, preferably within Automotive Industry.
- You should also have experience to lead a cross-functional team through the agile product development lifecycle for building microservices on top of managed key information assets.
- You have bachelor’s degree or corresponding knowledge obtained by practical experience.
- Successful delivery of Ecommerce projects
- Ability to coordinate activities needed to launch a successful Ecommerce project
- Client-facing experience
- Ability to communicate, produce documentation, prepare and lead client sessions, etc.
- Ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business stakeholders
- You are fluent in English; both written and spoken.
Tools & Technology
Productivity – Microsoft office suit, Azure DevOps
Analytics – Power BI, Azure Cloud suit
Database – SQL (all major RDBMS, like MS SQL, Oracle)
Collaboration – Teams, Slack, Confluence
Microsoft .NET Stack (C#, ASP, ADO)
Business Domains – Automotive, Process Modelling
Tech Areas – Data Management, Business Intelligence, Data Science (Statistics), Business & Information Architecture
Executions Methodology – Agile
On a personal level
For this position, you need to have a very good communication skills, curiousness and a personal eagerness to investigate, learn and drive for change to be able to accomplish results. You are driven and have a passion for continuous improvements in your daily work. A sense for good logic and structured way of working will be important in this role, as well as a high ability to work in teams, individually and multicultural.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position please contact hiring manager Håkan Sterner at [email protected] or recruiter Keerthi Veeraraghavan at [email protected] We want your application at the latest 24th of October 2021. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted due to GDPR.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
Company: Volvo Cars –
Company Location: Göteborg