Solution Design Manager Job at BT – in Dublin
About this role
You will drive the design for the optical, ethernet and IP platforms for all aspects of the business. Documenting the topologies and overseeing the interoperations testing on new network equipment.
You will introduce automation into the network and developing “digital” business processes driving the ability of the company to trade in the digital age.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Introduction of new products and services, requiring network design, testing and handover to in-life service.
- Ensure we conform to Network Design and Security rules and are aligned to the company Strategy.
- Manage and mentor the network design team, ensuring highest levels of team performance.
- Manage stakeholders and team engagements, ensuring requirements are captured, understood and the design addresses the requirement (in as much as is technically viable).
- Manage the budgets, capital (primary) and operational for the network and design team.
- Implement, shape and own the network design strategy for the next 5 years, ensuring alignment with the overall architecture and business strategy.
- Peer technical reviews before deployment into service.
- Drive automation and digital transformation by developing successful automated solutions.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- Experience managing a team of technical team.
- Experience in a design capacity of the Nokia suite.
- Experience managing headcount and departmental budgets.
- Evidence of digitising business i.e. automation/transformation.
- Actively participated in strategy setting sessions and roadmap planning.
BT Ireland has received accreditation as a “Healthy Place to Work” by the Heathy Place to Work Institute.
Please check out our diversity and inclusion information section to learn about BT Ireland’s passion and commitment to D&I
- Encouragement of Flexible working
- Annual Leave + bank holidays and an opportunity to buy up to five more days every year
- We contribute with you to the BT Ireland Pension Scheme
- We also provide Life Assurance from 1st day of employment
- We provide healthcare cover
- There’s also great support for working parents
- You’ll have the opportunity to buy BT shares
- Opportunities to take part in volunteering
- We also have a subsidised social club
- Discounted BT products
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Company: BT –
Company Location: Dublin