Spanish Speaking Call Center Receptionist Job at Genesis Orthopedics & Sports Medicine – in Remote
About Genesis Orthopedics & Sports Medicine: Our goal is simple: free our patients to be more active, more athletic, and to move freely in their bodies – accessible to everyone, not just the select few. That our patients, regardless of walk of life, move more freely, function better, and experience life to the full.
Thriving in the world requires mobility and freedom from pain, but our healthcare system often makes quality orthopedic care inaccessible to many who need it most – those on all public healthcare plans or those who lack insurance. We won’t be able to solve our present orthopedic challenges with a care delivery model designed in the past.
Come join our innovative team, as we seek to redesign the healthcare delivery system, so it can provide high-quality, affordable care for all!
POSITION SUMMARY: Using excellent customer service skills, answer incoming lines in order to assist patients, referring physician’s offices, and other patient support agencies in a personal, efficient, and organized manner. Use Call Center standard operating procedures and protocols to register new patients, update patient demographics, schedule, reschedule, cancel and verify appointments. Verify patient insurance. Using SGMF messaging policies, accurately enter patient telephone messages into the computer and electronically route messages to the appropriate pool in Epic, the Electronic Health Record (eHR). Regularly communicate with internal employees to meet the patient’s needs. Maintain professionalism, courtesy, and confidentially at all times. This position requires the ability to repetitively answer a high volume of phone calls each day. Work with other team members to achieve Call Center and organizational goals in order to provide quality patient service.
Skills and Behaviors:
- Candidate must have a significant interest in customer service, and helping achieve optimal outcomes for all callers, and particular interest in the healthcare field.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- College or vocational training a plus.
- Candidate must have at least 1 year direct customer service contact experience, preferably in a medical facility.
- Previous computer experience in a windows environment required such as would be gained working daily with computers for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Six months previous appointment scheduling experience desired.
- A knowledge of what excellent customer service entails.
- A knowledge of the principles of good communication and teamwork.
- A knowledge of medical terminology and an understanding of health insurance guidelines are helpful.
- Outstanding customer service skills with sensitivity towards patients rights and confidentiality.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English using good spelling and grammar skills.
- The ability to maintain excellent customer service and composure while taking repetitive calls throughout the day.
- The ability to deal with challenging telephone encounters, while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment utilizing good decision making skills.
- The ability to be positive and a good team player.
- Perform multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and insure quality communication.
- Ability to learn and successfully utilize the electronic health record, Epic
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Do you have an interest in servicing underserved communities?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Company: Genesis Orthopedics & Sports Medicine –
Company Location: Remote