Sports Attendant (Life Guard) Full Time Job at Aberdeen Sports Village in Aberdeen AB24
Aberdeen Sports Village wishes to recruit an enthusiastic, dynamic Sport Attendant (Life Guard) to complement its busy Operations Team. The Sports Attendant should have a friendly, flexible and welcoming personality; be able to deal with all types of customers and their enquiries in a courteous manner; have a keen interest in the promotion of exercise and sport; be able to work as part of a team.
Salary: £10.26 / hour
Hours of work: Full-time 36.5 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends).
Other relevant information:
The Sports Attendant (Life Guard) post has been identified as meeting the criteria for Regulated Work with Children or Vulnerable Adults, appointment will be subject to the checks required in line with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
- Supervise the swimming pool areas; working to prevent accidents and emergencies, carry out water tests and simple pool plant procedures, and clean the pool and changing room areas.
- Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- Carry out health & safety responsibilities within the facilities.
- Assume responsibility for opening the facilities on time, and for ensuring that facilities are secure at the end of the working day.
- Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
- Undertake general administration duties.
- Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively
- Developing and maintaining high standards of customer care Liaise with line manager, to ensure safe running of the facilities.
- Monitor the state of repair of all sports equipment (including teaching equipment & equipment for hire) ensuring that equipment checks are carried out as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for keeping facilities, equipment and general areas both inside and outside the building clean, tidy and safe.
- Carry out emergency first aid as required.
- Take an active part in the on-going staff training programme.
- Undertake any other such duties as may be delegated by the line manager.
Essential skills and requirement for the Sports Attendant post:
- Experience of working with sports equipment.
- Knowledge of swimming pools and artificial sports surfaces.
- Experience of dealing with people.
- working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends.
- Ability to work with people of all ages and abilities
- Team worker.
- Good communication skills; verbally and written.
- Computer Literate.
- Valid RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification is essential but training can be provided for a suitable candidate without
- Valid RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- Experience of working in a service industry.
- HNC in Sport and Recreation.
- Sports coaching qualifications.
- AED certificate
- First Aid certificate.
- CIMSPA Membership
- Experience of working in large events
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Employee discounts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.26 /hour
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Preferred)
Company: Aberdeen Sports Village
Company Location: Aberdeen AB24