Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer Job at Amazon in Seattle, WA
We are looking for a driven, creative, and results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to define and deliver strategic data and customer insights for Amazon Devices. A successful candidate knows and loves working with BI tools, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In this role you will:
– Work closely with the Smart Home Sales and Marketing teams across the Amazon Devices organization.
– Use analytic tools and languages (notably SQL), and present analytical results and insights using multiple methods, including written summaries and visualization/reporting tools such as Tableau
– Build scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making
– Investigate data sources across Amazon and expand existing device data infrastructure
. Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the device customer engagement, sales and marketing roadmap.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, competitive product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
- Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to device product and marketing groups
- Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing analytical support
- Collect, analyze and share data to help product teams drive improvement in key business metrics and customer experience
- Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, or finance or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
- Experience in ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with efficient processing of large data sets
- Knowledge of columnar databases like Redshift and Vertica; Understand database optimization
- Experience in designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools (Tableau)
- Experience in advanced business/customer analytics
- Experience conveying key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company Location: Seattle, WA